- All plays must be submitted to East Valley Children’s Theatre no later than February 1, 2024.
- Email submissions to: [email protected].
- Playwrights must include a cover sheet with name, address, phone number, email address, and age.
- Plays must be suitable for children to perform and for an audience of children. (Plays with small casts are not as likely to be chosen for performance; casts of 18 or more are preferred).
- Plays must be 60-90 minutes in length. Shorter plays may be submitted but will not be considered for a seasonal theatrical production.
- Plays and musicals must not have been previously performed. They must be original and unpublished.
- Musicals must include a copy of the music in either manuscript or audio-recording format.
- Playwrights are not required to pay an entry fee.
Aspiring Playwrights Contest Deadline
EVCT believes in the power of storytelling and understands that original plays have the ability to create unique and captivating experiences for audiences. By welcoming aspiring playwrights into their creative community, EVCT aims to foster a vibrant and diverse repertoire of performances that reflect the creativity, imagination, and unique voices of the next generation of playwrights.
Contest rules and prizes are listed below:
The first place entry will receive a $500 cash prize, a limited stipend for travel, and will be produced by East Valley Children’s Theatre in its upcoming season, if it meets all the criteria for performance. Second and third place winners will be announced and recognized. Travel stipend is dependent on the author attending the show, accruing travel costs and having a talkback with the actors.
Winner will be announced by April 1, 2024.