EVCT Auditions for Kids
EVCT Announces Auditions for
Virtually Ever After
October 28 from 6-9 pm
Open to actors age 8-15. Auditions will be held virtually.
To audition send an email to:
Include: Your Name, Age, phone number that you answer and an email you check
“Something is not right in the world of fairy tales.
Too much technology is causing more problems than ever.”
The show will be live streamed on November 21 at 7 pm
Cost to be in the troupe is $150.
Tips for Auditioning
Auditions for Main Stage productions are held prior to each show, four times each year. Performance troupe auditions are held every January and August. Cast members make an initial audition and attend a callback before they’re selected.
EVCT makes the audition experience kid-friendly. It strives to create a low-pressure learning environment for children. All of the directors involved with auditions and production have extensive experience working with youth. The audition process is about teaching kids how to audition, practicing, doing their best and showing the directors what they’re looking for. Auditions are open to any kids in the community—children don’t necessarily have to be enrolled in EVCT acting classes or camps.
- Plan to be at the audition a little bit ahead of schedule—you don’t want your child to feel rushed.
- Make sure your child has eaten before meeting with the director and had a good night’s sleep—kids need their energy and this will help prevent them from fidgeting.
- Get context for the scenes by reading the whole script.
- Don’t worry about clothing, hair or breakdowns too much. Character guides are just that—guides, and forcing a certain look or attitude will feel inauthentic.
- Don’t coach your child down to every gesture. Let them focus on listening, tone and facial expressions and the director will do the coaching once your child is cast in the troupe or production.