EVCT Mission Statement
We provide youth a forum for creating confidence, gaining self esteem, developing character, and building the career and life skills necessary to achieve success and fulfillment in an ever changing world.
We are essential to our community and the success of youth because we provide unique learning opportunities, help youth achieve individual and team goals, teach life skills, discover and encourage individual talents, contribute to personal growth, and promote community outreach.
Our values guide us in making day-to-day decisions to fulfill our mission. We build long term relationships with those who share our values of integrity, passion for excellence, innovation, respect, teamwork, life-long learning, and stewardship.
- We develop and maintain programs that support our Mission.
- We have a sustainable fundraising plan to promote, encourage, and financially support us in achieving our Mission.
- We have a marketing plan that educates the community on our programs and overall Mission.
- We cultivate a network of community support to help sustain the future of the organization.
- We provide a safe and professional environment, while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
EVCT will begin its 26th season in the fall of 2022 in the Playhouse Theatre at the Mesa Arts Center. Managed by an all-volunteer board of directors, EVCT has grown from one production and one workshop to an award-winning children’s theatre, bringing exceptional theatre to children and their families in the East Valley community.
“Our daughter has definitely experienced a new and different kind of confidence that playing sports could not have provided. As a parent I have observed this in her, as well as other children, in the productions and have been very impressed with the leadership and production effort put forward by EVCT.”
“EVCT has made an extraordinary impact in the community. They have enriched the lives of all the families that have been touched by them, they have produced consistently high-quality productions and have been supportive great friends to the arts.”
“One of the reasons I keep coming back to EVCT is because of the great people there who share the same interests as me and accept me for who I am. When I first performed on the Mesa Arts Center stage, I realized I wanted to be a performer and surround myself with such positive people and a great environment.”
EVCT offers the following programs:
- PLAYWRIGHT CONTEST– Promoting playwriting of original works for children’s theatre (Princess Furball, The Snow Faerie, Brave Little Tailor, Tale From the North Woods, The Frog Prince, The Golden Butterfly, The Goats Gruff, Puss ‘n Boots, Queen Zixi of Ix, The Bluebird Prince, Cap O’ Rushes, Moonprince, Sixty-Seven Cinderellas, The Heroes of Olim, Beauty and the Computer Geek, Camelot and Camelittle, Space Mission #5379: Saving Rachel Nevada and The Clumsy Princess.)
- SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – Supporting former EVCT youth, studying theatre in college. Learn More
- DRAMA CLASSES – Seven and eight week classes that meet once a week throughout the year covering a variety of theatre techniques and topics.
- EVCT EXPRESS – A group of youth who meet once a week and create a performance piece, which they perform in the community at various locations.
- ON THE SPOT IMPROV – A team of youth who meet once a week to practice improvisation techniques and games which are then performed throughout the Valley.
- EVCT BRAVO – The Troupe rehearses songs and choreography from Broadway shows and performs in the East Valley.
- SUMMER, FALL, WINTER & SPRING MUSICAL THEATRE CAMPS – In a one or two week session, youth participate in intense acting, dancing, and singing skill courses. They also rehearse a play or performance for the final day of camp.
- THEATRE WORKSHOP CAMP is one or two fun-filled weeks of theatre held each summer for youth age 8-15, with each day a different theatre topic.
- IMAGINATION THEATRE CAMP for kids age 5-8 explores theatre, music and movement in a two week camp each summer.
- TECHNICAL THEATRE PROGRAM- Youth learn the basics of technical theatre through training at the MAC, working with theatre professionals & hands on training.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM – free performances at various non-profit organizations who serve children & their families.
- LITERATURE ALIVE PROGRAM – Takes a story into the schools and libraries where the troupe members read a story, then act it out, do an interactive activity with the kids in the audience and then give each child in the audience a copy of the book that was just read.
- STUDENT PLAY WRITING FESTIVAL – 10 minute plays by high school age kids
- TEEN IMPROV FESTIVAL for High School age troupes at schools and theatres
- EAST VALLEY KIDS GOT TALENT – an annual talent show for kids age 5-18 held at the Arts Center in the fall.
- JUNIOR MAIN STAGE PRODUCTION – a training class for kids age 7-14 with performance of a fully staged play at the Mesa Arts Center
- ONE DAY WORKSHOPS held throughout the season on various topics.
- ONE ON ONE COACHING AND PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS are available at EVCT, taught by one of our amazing instructors.
East Valley Children’s Theatre is a founding resident company at the Mesa Arts Center with all Main Stage performances held at the Mesa Arts Center in the Nesbitt Elliott Playhouse located at 1 East Main Street in Mesa
Show times Thursday-Saturday at 7pm, Saturday at 4pm, Sunday at 2pm
ASL and Audio Description Available
Call the Mesa Arts Center Box office at 480-644-6500 or online purchase available at MesaArtsCenter.com – then click on East Valley Children’s Theatre